Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jewelry Box


For one of my baby showers, Dan’s cousin gave me the most precious, teeny, tiny baby’s ring. I immediately fell in love with it and knew it would be something that would become a treasured keepsake. So treasured I think she’s only worn it a handful of times. I know, what’s the point of her not getting to enjoy it? Well, her not swallowing it would be that point. Nonetheless, it was something special. So it deserved a special place to be kept, right? I have spent ages looking for the perfect little girl’s jewelry box. I cannot find it. I don’t want it “cutesy” or “frilly” or “princessy” or too girly. I want it simple, elegant, charming and classic. One that is as special as the tiny things it will hold. Sure, when she gets older and gets “play” jewelry, we can get one of the cutesy, frilly, princessy or too girly boxes for her dress-up stuff. But for the special items, I want something special in which to store them. (If you have any suggestions, by all means, share! My search is not over!)

After months of looking and finding nothing that even came close to fitting the bill and the jewelry adding up and really needing a home, I caved. I made her one. It is by no means the perfect “special” box but it will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment