Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Things I Need to Learn:


1. How to Knit.

I want to make scarves and hats, that’s all. Nothing fancy-schmancy. Just simple things to be cute and keep me warm.

2. Patience.

Really. I can’t do a darn thing to make my house sell any faster. I can’t MAKE a toddler understand adult logic any better. If my husband doesn’t want to take the garbage out right this very second, there’s not really a lot of harm in waiting a little while. (Really. There’s not. Put down the trash bag and CHILL.) I can’t force things to happen on my time-line just because I feel like it. I just need to learn to breathe and deal.

3. Just because someone else doesn’t like/prefer something, doesn’t mean I’m wrong for liking/preferring it. It just means people are different.

There are the parents who mock or criticize the “character-themed anything.” Or pink/blue. Or actually having proof that there are toys in the house. Just because I like some character-themed somethings (and even put them out for others to see!) doesn’t make me a bad person. Or a worse parent. It just means I have different tastes. I need to realize that, accept that, and stop thinking that because I don’t think the same as other people out there that *I’m* the weirdo. (I used to pride myself on that, what’s up with that?)

4. How to be a better friend.

Or, I guess, in general – how not to be such a slacker. I have the best of intentions. But the worst follow-through.

5. How to get my eyebrows just – exactly – so. On each side. Perfectly symmetrical.

Seriously.

6. How to be a morning person.

I am a night person. I am the most productive/creative after 10 PM. That I have to get up in the morning is horrible. That I have to get up early – that’s clearly a death wish.

7. How to drink (and like) coffee.

See #6. (Any suggestions?)

8. How to do a little girl’s hair.

Li’l miss M is getting hair now. I’m a little worried. I don’t even know how to do my own hair!

9. Where to keep my car keys so I a) don’t lose them b) don’t get all the way to the car and then realize they’re at my freaking desk or still in the blasted house.

10. To just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment