Friday, March 28, 2008

Breaking Up is Hard to Do


You know, eleven years is a long time for any relationship. To be honest, I never expected it to go on this long. I was young, I was naïve, you had so much to offer. We’ve had our share of ups and downs. You’ve done some amazing things for me. I have made so many wonderful, life-long friends because of you. You’ve taken fairly good care of me over time. You moved me across the country and gave me a life I never dreamed of. I was always loyal to you. You were always pretty stingy, never giving me what everyone knew I was worth. And the looming feeling that you were going to tire of me and kick me to the curb every fall got to be too much. So I am taking my life and my future into my own hands and I am turning and walking away. It’s best for both of us. Maybe our paths will cross again in the future, though with your recent self-destruction, that’s probably not likely. I wish you the best and truly do thank you for our time together but it’s time for me to say goodbye. It’s bitter-sweet and I am sad to go, but I have to break out on my own now. Best of luck to you.

Holy shit. I have quit my job.

What have I done??

No comments:

Post a Comment