Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Week of Miss M.



We have been watching more than a lot of The Emperor's New Groove around here lately. So much that Miss M has the majority of it memorized. The other day, after talking about Kronk and his spinach puffs for some time, she asked what spinach puffs were. We talked about them and she decided she wanted to try them some day. Any food praised in a Disney movie has to be way yummy, right???

Last night, I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner. Without missing a beat, "Um, Spinach puffs!!!!"

Crap.

--

Since we don't have cable, we don't have a lot of choice in cartoons or TV for the kids to choose from. Certainly not much sadness about that. She's started watching He-Man this past week. Not sure it's a good thing to admit, but I used to watch and love He-Man. I had forgotten about the moral summary at the end of each episode. Night before last we were watching one and M asked me what they were telling us. I explained that He-Man was telling her that sometimes we have to make big decisions that can be hard to make and it helps to talk to someone you trust to help you make the right decision. She stopped what she was doing, looked up and me and said, "Mommy, I trust you."

Heart. Melt.

How I love this little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment