Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Tag


Were you married when you found out you were pregnant? Yep. We'd been married for five years, almost six.

What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Ummm.... for me there was a lot of swearing. For Dan (three days later, mind you), there was a lot of silence.

How old were you? 29

How did you find out you were pregnant? Took a home test the day after Dan left for a business trip. (You might see a pattern emerging here....)

Did you want to find out the sex? Of course. Though we still called her Baby Dave.

Due date? July 14? July 16? I have absolutely no idea now.

Did you deliver early or late? 4.5 weeks early (which explains the previous answer)

Did you have morning sickness? Nope.

What did you crave? Nothing really. The only thing that was odd that popped in to my head often that sounded really, really good but that I never actually ate was Oreos dipped in peanut butter. (Mmm... that sounds really yummy...)

Did you get stretch marks? None that I didn't already have :(

What was your first child's sex? Female

How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 32

Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was anemic toward the end and had excessive amniotic fluid (whatever that means - I know what it literally means, but beyond that...)

Where did you give birth? Winchester Medical Center (Thank God. The hospital I was supposed to deliver at gets nothing but horror stories.)

How many hours were you in labor? I didn't know I was in labor for quite a while so maybe 14 hours total.

Was it natural or c-section? Natural

Did you take anything to ease the pain? Heck yes. I put it off as long as possible but when they said it was now or never, I jumped on the NOW!

How much did your child weigh? 6 lbs 12.5 oz

What did you name him/her? Demon Child Monster Baby. Which would apparently be much easier for people to pronounce. It's MAD-EH-LEN people. Not MadeLINE or MadeLAINE or even MadeLENE. Simply Madeleine. Seriously.

How old is your first born today? 2 and a half

Is he/she named after anyone? Yes. First name is a long story that I don't care to go in to. Middle name is after my sister.

How long were you in the hospital after birth? 2 days

Who was in the delivery room with you? My mother in law since my husband was clear across the country trying his ass off to get back as soon as possible

Are you ready for another? Ready? Hell no. But we'd better be by July, huh?? (If you haven't been told - consider yourself told. Though, if you're breathing, it's a miracle my husband hasn't told you yet. It seems he's told everyone and their mother's dog already.) While the actual due date is in August, I give no credibility to that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment