Friday, May 23, 2008

Project Say Something: Because I'm an Idiot


There used to be a joke in my family that it was a good thing I had physical proof that there was a brain in my head (MRIs, CT scans, etc) because otherwise there would be some serious doubt. (It was a joke – we all knew it. *I* knew it. Chill. I’m not permanently scarred because my family picked on me.) Sometimes I’m not the brightest bulb in the box. Choosing the topic for the week this week was one of those times.

I say, “Hit random on your iPod and list the next 12 songs.” Except that… I don’t think I even HAVE 12 songs on my iPod. If I do, it’s not many more than that. Right now all I have are the one-offs from CDs I wanted to get rid of but liked one or two songs from so kept those. So where’s the fun in that? The diversity? Nowhere, I tell you. But! I asked the question, I’ll play along. (Had I been smart about it had any time whatsoever, I would have quickly added a whole bunch of stuff like I need to anyway. Someday I’ll get to it.)

So my totally lame, lack of any musical diversity or good taste whatsoever, list:

1. (Can’t You) Trip Like I Do – Filter/Crystal Method
2. Falling Slowly – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
3. Maria - Blondie
4. Not an Addict – K’s Choice
5. Return to Me – Dean Martin
6. RPM – Sugar Ray
7. Salvation - Cranberries
8. That’s How You Know – Enchanted Soundtrack
9. Wild Horses – The Sundays
10. 16 Horses – Soul Coughing
11. One – Foo Fighters
12. Cell Block Tango – Chicago Soundtrack

Wow. This really makes it look like I have completely crap taste in music. (While some may believe that really is the case) I swear this is not a good reflection of what I really do listen to. I just wanted to get rid of most of those CDs but liked a song here and there. I so need to go update my iTunes……

No comments:

Post a Comment