Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Taste of my Medicine


There are days when I would really like to give those who have to deal with me a migraine. Let them suffer through it for a while and then give them my medicine to take it away. Not because I am sadistic and mean (okay, not *only* because I am sadistic and mean) but so they can understand. So they can understand the pain that it is. But mostly so thy can understand all the side effects that come along with it. With the migraine, with the medication and with the migraine going away (I know. That sounds weird. But yes, there are side effects to a migraine going away). Then they may understand why I'm not always at my best. Why I'm not always chipper and kind and happy, happy, happy. And why sometimes I seem like there is no brain in my head. I found one person who "got it" (She'll be a friend for life for that reason alone!), I promptly ditched her for another company but for a short while, it made me feel a little, tiny bit less alone in this battle. That made a huge difference because I always feel so alone in this - no one gets it, no one has any idea. How can they? Why should they? It's terribly frustrating.

That's my rant for the day. And I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment