Monday, May 24, 2010

No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

Just as I was reaching for Miss Monster, as she was jumping on her bed to throw herself flat on her belly, telling her, "we don't do that because ('we can get really hurt' was how the sentence was *supposed* to end)...," she landed smack on her headboard with her cheekbone.
Lots of screams and tears and ice later, she woke up from being completely asleep on my lap mumbling something completely unintelligible. All I could understand was "mirror" - which indicated to me she wanted to go look at her face in the mirror. After confirming that's what she was asking for, we headed to the mirror. Maybe not the best idea since it was very swollen and purple, but she's weird like that. She took a look, shrugged her shoulders and headed for bed. Once under the covers and on her ice pack, she recounted the story to me a couple of times and seemed to understand jumping on the bed was dangerous. As she drifted off to sleep, I thought to myself...
I give her a week before she's back to jumping again.
Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment