Mama's Holiday Wish List MemeTodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I'm sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?· A treadmill - so I can someday maybe fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.
· A Canon Powershot D10 - I've pretty much all but killed the little camera I have
· A rocking chair for Madeleine's room - I had to steal hers to put in the baby's room and Little Miss Monster is not so happy about that.
· A huge gift card for groceries and someone else to go buy them for me - I suddenly hate shopping more than anything in the world
· A peaceful, guilt-free, stress-free holiday season - I know, I'm really funny
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?Most recently, the scarf from my friend in Virginia. It was completely unexpected and is so soft and comfy. I have received a lot of handmade gifts so it's hard to pick an all-time favorite, but the scarf is my favorite of late. Especially now that I have snow at my house already. Ugh!
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?I have an idea for coordinating quilts for the girls. I don't know how to quilt. I barely know how to sew. But I really want to attempt it someday. And someday soon before they both grow out of the interests.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?I don't remember Christmases as a child very well. I remember the year I got a Cabbage Patch doll - I was so excited. Also, my first CD player when I was a teenager (what? I'm old.). It was beyond unexpected and it was AWESOME!
5. What items are on your kid's wish list this year?Madeleine and I just had this conversation last night. She wants Santa to bring her a bunny, a bear, and a girl dollie. And "that's all. Just three, Mommy. Nothing else." Wow.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?Sweet potatoes.
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?I can't answer that here. The people I am hand-crafting for read this :)
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?I am really emotional about holiday stuff so I actually tend to try to avoid it. Maybe It's a Wonderful Life though. I really like that one.
9. Favorite holiday song?O Holy Night.
10. Favorite holiday pastime?I love all the time I get to spend with family at the holidays. I think my very favorite is going to Santa's Workshop the day after Thanksgiving with my sister. That was the hardest part about staying in Virginia for Thanksgiving, I didn't get to go do that with her.