Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Project Say Something: Zoom Zoom Vroooom Woah!


I think I threw this question out there just so I could go on and on about my new favorite show on television. And that show would be Top Gear. I know! Who'd have ever guessed - me? a car show? No way! Well, I'm here to tell you, oh, yes, WAY. Probably just because I have a bit of a crush on Richard Hammond. (Of course that would be the reason, it couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I've laughed so hard while watching it that I've cried or that they had David Tennant as a guest or that they do some really stupid amazing things with moving vehicles.)
As for my answer... When I dream, I tend to dream BIG. And I mean REALLY big. If it's a dream, why the hell not go all out, right?

Let's talk fast, sexy, absolutely-nothing-subtle-about-it-whatsoever, sleek, did I mention fast? Or sexy? I did? Well let's make sure it's completely clear. Fast. Sexy. Okay, we can move on then.

First up is the Bugatti Veyron. On first thought, you know, it really is incredibly ugly. But there is something so very sexy and simply mean-looking about this car. And I love it.

If you're going to see these cars, you need to see what they can do. Plain and simple. (Youtube has disabled embedding for the videos, but I promise, they're so very worth it.)

Next is the Ferrari F430. Simply (no, there's nothing "simple" about it) sleek and sexy.

Then the Maserati Quattroporte. Look! Sleek and sexy and a family car! What? It has 4 doors!

The McLaren F1 was my very first "dream car." I loved this car long before I even met my husband (the only reason I know a Ford from a Chevy or a Ferrari from a Porsche (okay, that's a slight exaggeration but I think you get the idea)). This was the first car I saw and thought, "Holy WOW! That's beautiful!"

No, not all of my "dream cars" cost more than the GNP of some countries. There is the Chrysler Crossfire. It's pretty down to earth and yet still sleek and a little sexy.

And there's Eleanor. A 1967 Shelby GT500. Mmmmm... yeah.

And, last, but not least. There's this:

Oh? Why, yes. That *is* my car. Of all the cars out there, in the "real world," (meaning: the world in which a real human could actually AFFORD the car) this is the one I would want to own. And I do. And I love it just as much as I thought I would. Even a year later. Even on days when I think, "I really don't need this car. It can't be *that* great," I see one driving by me and think, "WOW! I really like that car!" Then realize that's what I'm driving and all is right in the world.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go hang my head in shame. I am not a car person. I'm not... I'M NOT! I swear!

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment